Planar Speaker Asylum

LCH Audio woofer being used with Magnepan .7's at FL Audio Expo

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] Thread: [ Display  Email  Next ] [ Planar Speaker Asylum ]

This Post Has Been Edited by the Author

Found this on YouTube, I assume this was at the FLAX show. I posted this here because the woofer they were demoing, was being used with .7s, guessing. This is way above my pay grade, so Davey, Josh or smarter people than me will have to chime in on the tech.

I see lots of positive remarks in the comments section of the video. Ironically they are using a test track I often use Dire Straights, Fade To Black.

I'll skip the marketing spiel and go straight to technology section.

The World's First Acoustically Amplified Subwoofers

While others in the audio industry abandoned the enclosure geometry in pursuit of driver perfection, LCH made the enclosure geometric design a central focus. A single concealed 10"woofer deep in the cabinet fires into an acoustic compression chamber and is folded towards the listener through a pair of vertical cork horns, amplifying the sound and reducing power requirements. Our patented Dual Horn Compression Chamber (DHCC™) enclosure uses a plurality of complex nested waveforms inside the box to condition the output acoustically creating more dB per cc than any other design...with astounding efficiency and linear response. This is the first design of its kind, with technology scalable to applications across different industries.

Pairing with any loudspeakers is seamless. Where most subwoofers require a crossover set well into the bass operating range to remove the anomalies which contaminate the upper frequencies, the LCH creates such a linear response well into the midrange, a traditional crossover is unnecesssary. A single induction coil rolls off the frequency at 6db per octave at 250Hz. After two octaves, the response is flat out to 2000hz. The result is an uncanny ability to not only improve bass fidelity but also improve midrange coherance even with the best full range speakers. Hard to believe? Just listen.

Follow Ups: