Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

Quad ESL-63 panel rattling

I'm reaching out to anyone on this forum that has Quad ESL-63's that might be located within a couple of hours to me in Hagerstown, Md. I recently discovered a rattling or buzzing sound coming from one of the panels. At first I only noticed the rattle on bass notes (stand up bass or synthesizer) but now it seems to be constant on any music played. The other panel has no issues whatsoever. I contacted Kent at Electrostatic Solutions, he said using a heat gun might solve the problem. I'm no expert with a heat gun, have any of you 63 owners had a similar issue as far as the buzzing or rattling? Has anyone here used the heatgun and if yes could I bring the panel to you to do the repair? I really don't want to experiment and possibly do damage to the panel. I checked Fedex shipping rates and it is almost $400 one way. I'm trying to avoid sending all the way to Kansas City. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks Blair

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Atma-Sphere Music Systems, Inc.  

Topic - Quad ESL-63 panel rattling - blgtrio 11:49:33 01/31/23 (9)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.