Planar Speaker Asylum

RE: MMGi crossover update

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] Thread: [ Display  All  Email ] [ Planar Speaker Asylum ]

This Post Has Been Edited by the Author

Sorry for the confusion but it is partly Magnepan's fault :). There are actually 2 versions of the MMG XO. The original had a 1st order LP and a 2nd order HP and, around 2000, they change to having both filters 1st order. They never changed the speaker designation. I just assumed you had the "newer" version.
I will recalculate and post and edit when I get free. Regardless the Bode diagrams are only the electrical response and not the acoustic response. Your ears hear what they hear.

EDIT: A closer exam of the picture you provided seems to show all three caps wired in parallel (total capacitance =110.5 uF). I am pretty sure the crossover topology was changed to a 1st order series with capacitance across the woofer and inductance across the tweeter. This is in line with the rest of the x.7 family. The inductor is not marked so I am not able to do the calculations.

I married the perfect woman - the downside is that everything that goes wrong is my fault.

Edits: 07/28/21   07/28/21

Follow Ups: