Planar Speaker Asylum

RE: RD75 baffles

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] Thread: [ Display  All  Email ] [ Planar Speaker Asylum ]

This Post Has Been Edited by the Author

Sorry, have nothing to offer other than to keep the XO's out of the most sensitive hearing range [2kHz-5kHz]. Higher XO points conflicts with the optimal physical proximity limitations. Ideally, you want the mids and tweeters physically located as close as possible which in turn causes structural hurdlers.

I experimented a little with trying to integrate the ribbons, but ended up running my NEO8's full range on the top end without the ribbons.

I took off the tweeter side wood styles and attached a narrow baffles containing the NEO8's in place of the wood styes to get them as close to the ribbons as possible without cutting the original Maggie frames.

I then put the NEO8's in their own separate baffles and are running them that way. I may try pulling the ribbons and attaching them to the sides of the NEO8 baffle like what Magnepan has done but am not at that stage yet.

FWIW, Josh and I are using software XO's for experimentation which allows you to try virtually any point/slope combinations. Josh and Satie can probably give you a better idea because they are already running the ribbons with the NEO8s.

Edits: 02/18/21   02/18/21

Follow Ups: