Planar Speaker Asylum

RE: LRS vs MMG

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] Thread: [ Display  All  Email ] [ Planar Speaker Asylum ]

This Post Has Been Edited by the Author

I owned both at the same time although my MMGs were heavily modified (google Magnestand).

I can say the LRS are lighter, crisper and a tad bit easier on amp selection than the traditional MMGs (but not by much). I think they would respond better with Class D amps than an MMG.

The MMG (at least mine) has far better (even superior bass) -if pushed properly.

My intent when I bought the LRS was simply to see what all the hoopla was about. When I went to audition them at my local dealer I bought them on the spot. They were being pushed by a pair of 100 watt amps and simply blew me away.

They're extremely listenable, quick (almost stat speed) and less temperamental than the quasi-ribbon line IMO, meaning they adjust well with whatever you throw at them. Obviously the better the equipment, the better the outcome, however I'm sure with the surge in popularity they brought, I can see college kids running theirs with receivers and turntables.

Follow Ups: