Planar Speaker Asylum

RE: Phase Matching and Delay/Time Alignment Example Plots

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] Thread: [ Display  All  Email ] [ Planar Speaker Asylum ]

This Post Has Been Edited by the Author

"... What does the 0ms SPL curve look like? ..."

The 0ms is the green trace heading South West on the PHASE and the green trace second from the bottom of the 250Hz dip on the SPL plot (both just above the bottom/lowest 4ms purple trace).

I should have varied the line styles for added clarity.

"... Are you using RePhase to set the delay times and then using REW to measure all this? ..."

I made all of the linear filters in RePhase.
Exported REW's PEQs as and XML file and imported into RePhase for frequency corrections.
Delays are done in JRMC. You can add delays in the convolution's text *.cfg file or inside either of JRMC's Parametric Equalizers using the "Add Delay" option.
Verification is done with subsequent REW measurements.

"... I'm familiar with the REW group delay plots, but not these. ..."

I did not post any GROUP DELAY plots in the OP.

I am using one of the latest beta version of REW.

I am also using different FDW settings on each plot to emphasize/de-clutter the specific points trying to be presented (eliminate room reflections).

This is getting a little off topic, but here are the content of the 4 RePhase convolution files which make up the digital XOs, OB/Dipole sub rolloff compensation, phase and frequency corrections. I am using a multi-channel DAC to turn 2-channel stereo into 4-channel stereo which eliminates the downstream passive XO.

Low Pass Convolution files contains:

250Hz Low Pass XO filter
Low Shelf - OB/Dipole rolloff compensation
High Shelf - OB/Dipole rolloff compensation
Sub Phase correction - manual process
Sub Frequency correction - From REW's exported XML file

High Pass Convolution files contain:

250Hz High Pass XO filter
Maggie Phase correction - manual process
Maggie Frequency correction - From REW's exported XML file

Follow Ups: