Planar Speaker Asylum

RE: Was a HUGE Apogee fan, but? Some models really never drew me in...

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] Thread: [ Display  All  Email ] [ Planar Speaker Asylum ]

This Post Has Been Edited by the Author

I owned a pair of Dutetta sigs for a couple years, Love the heck out of them and regret selling them but my MG20s forced me to.

I think they were designed to compete with Jim Winey's 3 series; and they became if I'm not mistaken their best selling speaker.

A pair of Diva's (and in pristine according to the owner) and a pair of Scintilla's popped up at the same time in L.A. (two different areas, about 3 hours from me) BOTH for the least amount of money I've ever seen.

I decided at $1800 I would shoot for the Diva's; even went as far as planning the route and looked at u-haul vans online but pulled out. Reason being I had too many speakers as it is and I would've been stuck in the same conundrum with the Duettas: owning two great speakers, so which one will I keep?

With the Duettas I owned they sounded just as good -if not better than my MG20s but that meant I would've had to sell the 20's, and the problem with that is if the Duetta's were to start buzzing/needing repair there's really no recourse for me (I've seen the rebuild video, no thanks) and the folks up in Reno although they do an outstanding job, for that kind of money I could buy a new pair of 20.7s. So I bailed on the Divas.

Each time I see a Duetta post I'm tempted to email the gentleman I sold them to just to see how they were holding up.

Follow Ups: