Planar Speaker Asylum

RE: In the interest of sharing

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] Thread: [ Display  All  Email ] [ Planar Speaker Asylum ]

This Post Has Been Edited by the Author

That's one way to uncouple, but you could do much better. We found out years ago that most components benefit greatly from uncoupling as opposed to coupling(spikes). We did all kind of weird things back then, one was to hang components in mid air From different grades of elastic material, that triggered the search for the ultimate uncoupling components. I must have tested dozens of footers over the years( couple + decoupling) and finally found the closest thing to mid air suspension from a specialized Swiss company, they are a big PITA to use, changing cables and leveling components is very delicate and placement and dialing in the amount of suspension is necessary, the suspension must be set so that if you slightly touch the component it will remain swaying for at least 10 seconds, no upside down brush will ever do that, let alone allow for leveling.
I actually hate these things, once dialed in, you DO NOT want to touch that component again, but my CDP benefits in such a way that it has become impossible for me tto listen to it without them ( and this no cheapo CDP)

Follow Ups: