Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

RE: Takes me back to '81

Well, I'm more confused than ever.

I reached out to Roy Esposito at Acoustat Service and he kindly responded to my email.

He informed me that I have The Monitor the first model after the X. As I assumed, they originally would have had the servo amps but he said the MK 121-2A will work with though they may have some mods done.

Part of me is starting to be a bit sorry I have attempted to save them but, it probably won't be the last time my wife tells me I told you so. :-) :-0

I already mentioned this but I am sure that when I disconnected the 3 interface wires from the 2 panel wires and 1 bias wire, it was not a 1 wire to 1 wire.
I was in a hurry and the old wires were so dirty you couldn't tell any difference in them.

When I removed one of the wire nuts connecting them, there is no doubt in my mind that it was more than 1 wire connected to 1 wire. I'm sure there was 2 connected to 1 but before it sunk in the wires all fell separate and I thought "OH NO that made no sense".

Any electrostatic speakers I have had, were 3 wires to 3 wires, interface to panels.

I have looked for a schematic for MK 121-2A but only find Mk 121 and don't know what the difference is.
I have searched the web with no luck and I have no Idea where to find one.

Roy suggested I could part them out on eBay but that would go against my reason for ignoring my beautiful wife's suggestion to not have another project.

They are now setting in the main room of our home office, recreation/ exercise equipment, storage and my work shop building. She will walk past them 10 -20 times a day, so, I probably deserve all of the snarky jokes I will endure until they are gone.

Any suggestions for schematics or my wiring issue will be welcome.

Thanks Brad

Who says, no good intentioned deed goes unpunished. :-)

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Atma-Sphere Music Systems, Inc.  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.