Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

12' x 15' with MGIII's

My listening room is roughly 12' x 15' with a 9' ceiling. The MGIIIs are 69" off the front wall, 92" from the center of the speaker to my ears, about 4" from the side walls, tweeter in, listening position about 2' from the wall behind me. They are biamped with upgraded mid/tweet crossovers and I use Mye stands.

Sounds great to my ears. This arrangement sounds better than when I had them in bigger rooms, but the layout is very different, Limage in the small room vs. Cardas in the big room, better DAC now, etc. Good depth to the soundstage, width goes a little beyond the edges of the speakers, overall nice spatial presentation. The sound is balanced, again, to my ears. Having the bass panels close to the walls helps bring out the lower frequencies. Bass traps in the corners behind the speakers helped even out the balance. I don't have any wall treatments and haven't played much with toe in. The books on the shelves behind the speakers are arranged randomly in an effort at diffusion. One of these days I'll run REW...

Regards,

Steve

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Schiit Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • 12' x 15' with MGIII's - MaggiesAndCats 14:33:19 12/29/21 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.