Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

RE: RD75 baffles

Sorry, have nothing to offer other than to keep the XO's out of the most sensitive hearing range [2kHz-5kHz]. Higher XO points conflicts with the optimal physical proximity limitations. Ideally, you want the mids and tweeters physically located as close as possible which in turn causes line array structural hurdlers.

I experimented a little with trying to integrate the ribbons, but ended up running my NEO8's full range on the top end without the ribbons.

I took off the tweeter side wood styles and attached a narrow baffles containing the NEO8's in place of the wood styles to get them as close to the ribbons as possible without cutting the original Maggie frames.

I then put the NEO8's in their own separate baffles and are running them that way. I may try pulling the ribbons and attaching them to the sides of the NEO8 baffle like what Magnepan has done but am not at that stage yet.

FWIW, Josh and I are using software XO's for experimentation which allows you to try virtually any point/slope combinations. Josh and Satie can probably give you a better idea because they are already running the ribbons with the NEO8s.

2022/03/30 Historical Records CENSORED

Edits: 02/18/21 02/18/21 02/18/21

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Signature Sound   [ Signature Sound Lounge ]

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: RD75 baffles - emailtim 13:55:09 02/18/21 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.