Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

RE: Matching the 1.7 =) Krell amps?

OK. Another point of view... from a fellow country man so I should listen...

My livingroom is smallish, tho square. Stone walls(behangen) and a ceiling with a 'span plafond'... on the floor 'laminaat' but with a large carpet. I have had a completely wooden house in my last setup before I moved to Drenthe (bigger room, more US style maybe)

It is kind of a mancave because I don't share it. I've put the speakers 1 meter from the rear wall at least when playing. But one is in a corner. I can't sacrafice all my livingspace for hifi purpuses. My listening volume tends to average at 80 dB as i measured last days with my phone app. Handy!

It has been true in all my maggie experience that if your turn volume up, sound gets way better but not much higher in DB with this amp.

Offcourse you are right in pointing to a dealer with return etc. But I am not able to spend 3-4K on amps. Maybe I should ask Ohm audio in Groningen (nearby for me), they have the 1.7 and many other maggies. Might even be able to listen at home.

Groeten,
Branko

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Signature Sound   [ Signature Sound Lounge ]

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.