Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

RE: Matching the 1.7 =) Krell amps?

For me, you're traveling down the wrong road. Most advice given here is from guy's living in the states. Well intended, but their situation is totally different from here (Holland), they usually have way bigger houses, large living rooms and giant man caves. Over here the houses are smaller, living rooms are smaller, floors, ceilings and walls are thick cement or heavy stone(different acoustics) and man-caves are a rarity.

Whats your situation? how big is the room? are you sitting near-field? how loud do you listen? Is it heavily damped or lively? so many variables to take into account.

I've set up a few Maggie sets here, in a average room with space to breath(the Maggie's, not you) in a near field set up(6 feet away), 60-80W of class A is enough to let those Maggies sing in the 80- 90 db range.

I would never buy anything without a home trial.....NEVER, thats just wild guessing. if you're considering spending 2.5-3K on a amp and another 1-1.5K on a pre, you should shop for new, or second hand from a dealer. Then you have home trials, guarantees, unlimited choice, ask for discount, it's COVID time, dealers are dying to do business, use that advantage! with a 2 hour drive you can visit dozens of high-end dealers here.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Parts Connexion  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.