Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

RE: Matching the 1.7 =) Krell amps?

OP, Take the time to listen and audition. Quoted Below from an Audiophile Society Member's group results:

We had an extended comparison at the society between high class solid state amps including Bryston (4B3), Pass, Gryphon. Members agreed 4B3 more than matched the others in resolution, transparency, soundstage and realism and 4B3 had more authority and involvement. The member who organized the test was planning to purchase Pass, he opted for a set of 4B3 to drive his JBL Everest ($40K a pair). He also owns Krell and Levinson, they are gathering dust. 4B3 treble is as good as any transistor amp but bettered by good valve amps. I think the traditional reputation of lively/strong bass/mid at the expense of grainy treble was true for 4B and 4BST but no longer true for 4B3. (End Quote)

As an owner of the 4B3, and after a year of critical listening, I can concur with this society's test results and findings.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Kimber Kable  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.