Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

do it the sound, simple way: modern measurement DSP

Good DSP & algorithms. They work fantastically now. Try Anthem ARC or Dirac.

I use Anthem ARC with my 3.6 and a sub. Before I was running the mains full range and supplementing the sub heavily low passed, crossing below 40 Hz (as the main panel has a big resonance at about 42 Hz). Now, with ARC the crossover is at 70 Hz, and with the rest of the measurement, correction & processing, it sounds amazing. You get the 'snap' and energy of many box speakers with the full clarity and immersion of maggies that they don't have. It fixes the primary issue with the 3.6 (a low/mid bass opacity compared to the best) with no downsides---if you limit the upper range of correction to somewhere between 500 to 1500 Hz as the manual recommends. It's still just a single sub and I didn't even work very hard to optimize its placement---the system correction can do wonders.

I use a lower end Anthem 310 MRX receiver (and preouts to external power amp for the mains) and it works great, plus of course multichannel & video for movies & netflix. And Dolby Volume.

Edits: 12/30/20

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Atma-Sphere Music Systems, Inc.  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • do it the sound, simple way: modern measurement DSP - DrChaos 11:03:10 12/30/20 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.