Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

RE: Current Maggies run full range compared to high pass and subs.

Thanks Dave.
Yeah that's what I thought. In that video I guess the 4th order active Hp he uses later on in the vid is providing a bit more max vol without distortion, but the small Maggies have limited vol anyways so probably not a huge different to using a first order at Maggies bass roll off freq as you suggest.

I was curious as to whether the distortion you can hear when he runs the Maggies full range at the start of the vid is all due to max panel excursion etc, or if the speaker amp might be clipping a bit too. Guess there is no way to know for certain without measurements.

Thanks for the first order HP tip at the Maggie bass roll off point. It might provide a touch more max vol, less congestion, a bit of driver protection, and might also make sub integration easier. I'll be trying that in the future with the bigger Maggie models. I would assume that the bass extension of the bass panel when run like that is similar or not too much less than when the speakers are run full range, which is handy. Might not need a sub so much like that with a bigger model.

Can use a Pllxo too which is cheap and sounds good.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Atma-Sphere Music Systems, Inc.  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: Current Maggies run full range compared to high pass and subs. - ColinB 11:42:00 12/29/20 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.