Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

RE: Bi-Amping Apogee Full Range

Yeah, maybe, but removing the crossovers is not what the OP is doing here. His is a passive-biamping configuration so all the intrinsic characteristics of the crossover components are still there.
The Apogee FR has the crossover frequency near the 50/50 power split range, so even a passive-biamp configuration might yield a slight increase in capability. But, it would depend upon the amplifiers used. But I doubt anywhere close to 3db.

Regarding Duetta's and Diva's possibly yielding 3-4db increased efficiency without the (passive) crossovers....I don't believe that. The DCR of the series inductors and ESR of the series capacitors in the stock networks don't yield that amount of insertion loss. And the basic efficiency of the transducers themselves is unchanged if altering just the crossover configuration.
Now, 'capability' vice 'efficiency' is another matter. In that regard the amplifier(s) power is much better utilized with a true active bi-amp configuration.

Dave.

Edits: 12/02/20 12/02/20

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  VH Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.