Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

MC-1 and DWM

Hi all, first post to this forum, but I've been lurking for a long time. I just purchased a pair of MC-1s which I intend for a 2.1 system in a small room 11' wide, 14' long, 11' ceiling.

Key nerd point: I like my old school electronics. I plan to drive these with a Mac1900 receiver that's about 45 years old. I've been using a pair of Sequerra Met7's and an M&K Volkswoofer since I first heard them together in 1981.

First question, do you all prefer the wall hanging Maggies on the sidewalls 2' in from the front wall or hanging on the front wall about 21" from the sidewall?

Second question, I'm not sure how the M&K will integrate with the MC1. The M&K is a nice sounding unit, but it has no adjustable crossover and no line level input. I'm wondering if I'd be well served to get a DWM for the 40-160 octaves and leave the M&K in place for the 20-40 octave? Of course, this would be a nightmare of wiring and crossovers, which brings me to my next question which is taking me off the planar asylum ...

I'm not sure if the McIntosh receiver will power the MC1 well particularly if it needs to power a DWM as well. We'll see, but if it does, I'll have no room correction options to speak of. I could use a MiniDSP HD as a DAC and processor to create four channels, but then I'd need two new amplifiers (not a big deal) and I'd lose my volume control (that's a big deal). Has anyone here used the MiniDSP SHD with the Maggies? It has a master volume control and functions as a preamp. Does the Dirac software work well with Maggies?

That got complex. Thanks in advance for your advice.

G
-- Yes, my stereo equipment is younger than I am by a few months --

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Kimber Kable  

Topic - MC-1 and DWM - Graphical 23:34:45 11/18/20 (6)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.