Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

Need help from MC1 users please!

The family room where my HT lived is going through a large remodeling project that is combining space with a new kitchen area. We removed three walls and pushed out the outer wall of the room. I also get a new hidden AV gear closet where the amp and BR player will be located. And it gets its own 20A "home run", aka dedicated AC line! I have a pair of MC1s on order to be used as rear surrounds. The good news is that the acoustic space will be far larger with closer to "golden ratio" dimensions - about 31' x 19'.

Here's a rendering of the new space with my cheesy attempt to overlay pics of the speakers.

Challenges:

1. The speaker to the left (actually right rear) must be attached to the 12" post as there will be glass french doors leading outside as the nearby "wall". It will be mounted with hinge to right as it lies flat against the post. When used, the left side will swing open and aim sound to listening area.

2. The speaker to the right must be mounted on the wall at 90 degrees to the one on the left. It will also need the hinge mounted to the right and similarly the left side will swing open to match the other speaker.

Can you flip the side where the hinge is located and where the cable comes out?

I want the the tweeters to remain mirror imaged even though the hinge will need to be mounted on the opposite (tweeter) side. Also, will that affect where the cable comes out? I'd rather it not be on the open part that swings away from the wall.

I called Magnepan today and spoke with Eric. Nice guy, but wasn't helpful in that he didn't know how the mounts work and they don't have a pair at the factory!

Edits: 07/09/20 07/09/20

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Signature Sound   [ Signature Sound Lounge ]

Topic - Need help from MC1 users please! - E-Stat 14:26:11 07/09/20 (10)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.