Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

Thanks Guys

The new receiver for the downstairs system (KEFs) hasn't been bought yet, I'm assuming it will probably have Audyssey. But I can always research the alternatives. It won't be expensive. This system will be no "state of the art", (even though the KEFs are excellent speakers) just shooting for a good sound for TV/movies. Since that's the case, and in light of your comments, I will leave the Dirac unit upstairs for the new (Maggie) speaker system.

On a related note, checking out the Magnepan web site, I noticed a new dealer fairly close to my home (Virginia Beach VA). They were listed as a "showroom only" dealer. I assumed that meant they had models available to auction, but the product would be shipped directly to the customer. Wrong. I called them up, they had no stock, and would order the model I wanted after the fact. I'm assuming there is a return policy? Think I want to listen first, which means a road trip further away. Doesn't really matter now as we are still months away from this remodel happening, but still interesting. Had a nice conversation with the fellow, he alluded that this is a new program Wendell is rolling out, in the sence that nowadays folks just "click and buy". He did offer to come out and set up the speakers in my room, which was nice.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Analog Engineering Associates  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.