Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

Newbie - 2.7QR Question

Greetings,
Please pardon if the questions have been asked before. I've been searching in the past few days W/O getting much luck. Any comment or help will be much appreciated.
I've had various models in my systems over the years, including the SMGc, IIIa, and 3.5R. Both of the larger panels got de-laminated, so I have been without them for a long while. Recently, I acquired a set of used 2.7QR. They also had the de-laminated wires issue but the owner applied the 3M fix and they sang pretty sweetly when I listened to them. Cosmetically, it's a mess. The socks are removed and not in good shape. The wood trims show their age but are in decent shape. Thus, I have a couple of questions.

1/ It seems that beside the socks, there's another layer of grill cloth stretching between the wood trims - Can anyone confirm this?
2/ The cross-over wires and components are not flush with the MDF panels. The socks will be bulging with their shapes. Is this the reason for the 2nd grill cloth?
3/ There are 2 black end caps, I see screw holes in them. How are they attached to the trims or the MDF frame?

I'll call Magnepan to see if I can get a new grill cloth set. If you can share any photo I can use to restore the socks/grill, it'd be great.
Thanks in advance for your time and help.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Signature Sound   [ Signature Sound Lounge ]

Topic - Newbie - 2.7QR Question - Alan 5409 11:09:38 06/16/20 (2)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.