Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

Will 1.5's work in a 12' X 12" X 8' room???

My current physical set-up is less than ideal - a "T" shaped room with the 1.5's firing off the long wall (top of the "T") so I am losing quite a bit of side wall action. I have to move furniture around in this set-up to properly listen as it is! WAF dictates I can't turn the system to the opposite way (cables will be running in front of fireplace located at the botton of the "T", etc.) and as my home office will be relegated to the basement in the next 3-4 months whose room will be 12'X 12'X 8'(I know a square room is probably no better) can they work in this environment - almost a nearfield application? I figure the speakers can be 2'-4' from the back wall leaving a distance from them to me = 7'-8'. At least if my 2 channel set-up is down there I can leave it messy (speakers out from walls, etc.)

Maybe a possible option to retain the Maggie sound in the new small room might be a pair of MMG's with a nice integrated??? Hate to give up the Rogue 66 and 4B-ST( overkill on the MMG's if thats my only option...)

All comments/suggestions are most appreciated even those suggesting a box speaker/integrated amp (ss or tube)combo.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Signature Sound   [ Signature Sound Lounge ]

Topic - Will 1.5's work in a 12' X 12" X 8' room??? - Ron D 09:00:18 11/16/01 (6)

You can not post to an archived thread.