Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

RE: center channel

OK, I finally got the MMG re-grilled and now in my set up. Hard to see it in this photo but I used black grill and placed it under my TV. It is actually sitting on the Denon receiver on four Vibrapods. I have it leaning slightly so there is a bit of an upward tilt. I used 2 other Vibrapods as "bumpers" to keep the speakers from touching the glass shelves. There is nothing on the shelf directly behind the MMG so sound can reflect off the back wall. I think that helps...who knows...???

What you see are my MG 3.6's R and L and the MMG in the center. My rears are refurbished MG III's that I have facing each other (almost 90 deg to the wall). Can't explain why, but it works great. Got the idea from one of the Planar inmates...I don't even remember who. I have four Hsu Research HRSW 10's - 2 up front and 2 in back in a four corner config.

Sound is unbelievable at the sweet spot. Just excellent off center...plenty good enough for folks sitting on the sofa. We'ved watched a few movies and I can tell you that I have had a few "over the shoulder" looks from my children to see if they were hearing things.

I know that Maggies are not supposed to work in HT...but I beg to differ...

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Schiit Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.