Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

RE: Judas Priest, not again

Magnepan has been stupidly (my opinion) chasing after the 'home theater' market for YEARS while ignoring their bread and butter, the 2-channel audiophile.

I know a good local dealer who was not allowed to carry the line because 'he didn't have enough home theater'. Stupid, stupid, stupid.

Magnepans just aren't that good at home theater. There, I said it. They are directional, need huge amounts of room, are very inefficient, don't blend well with subwoofers, on and on. Yes, many people have a nice little magnepan HT. Some people have huge rooms with Gigabuck 3.6 systems. But 90% of the home theater market (normal people, normal rooms) would NOT really benefit from Magnepans in their home theater.

But they ARE REALLY GOOD for 2-channel stereo. You know, music. I wish White Bear Lake would concentrate on their core market for awhile. It is always a mistake to ignore your core market and chase after the 'pie in the sky' of something that just ain't gonna happen.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Crux Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.