Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

RE: My prediction

While I wouldn't want to venture an opinion on the date, based up various statements attributed to Wendell, it would seem a summer 2009 release may be very premature. If this is a prototype, and if they were unsure of customer reaction until the CES, and they are still unsure of pricing and marketing strategy, they may well take a lot more time before the market sees them.

I think they will also have to modify their marketing approach to meet the growing HT market rather than just serve the shrinking 2 channel stereo market. That means a center channel which will go deep enough to do justice to male voices along with front and rear channels in perhaps an integarted package. Also for HT, and extra sub (a real one) will be required. Perhaps they have a larger version of the stand-alone woofer already in development.

They are not going to start changing the production floor in any major way until they feel comfortable with marketing these new speakers.

Maggies, because you can never be too thin!

Mark

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Parts Connexion  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.