Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

Here's the full page from Soundstage... with more pics

Contrary to what is indicated in Soundstage's description, the woofers (not subwoofers) are the end table looking thing with the lamp on it as opposed to the "stands" under the mini-mags. Easy mistake considering how nice those woofers look. I can't wait to hear these things!

Stereophile has a somewhat more tempered review of the room:

"Hmm. The sound was spacious, with a well-defined soundstage. The balance was a little lightweight, though lows extended down to the mid-bass. The system was having to work hard to produce high spls, as the Bryston amps' red clip LEDs were occasionally flashing on snare-drum transients, but there was no other signs of strain."

I love the concept of this setup and it would work much better visually in my home, though I may have to reconsider my amplification considering a pair of Bryston monoblocks was being pushed to clipping.

I also wonder if it wouldn't help to make the mini-mags just a bit larger. It seems they could be a bit taller or wider and still fall with in the stand-mountend monitor category.

Initiative comes to those who wait.
- Alex, "A Clockwork Orange"

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  The Cable Cooker  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • Here's the full page from Soundstage... with more pics - krikor 13:03:01 01/13/09 (2)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.