Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

Got an M&K MX-150 THX for my Maggies... thoughts?

I picked up an M&K MX-150 THX MkII for half price, feeling that it was a reasonably good deal for a 12" sealed sub to pair with my Magnepan surround sound system.

In the past it seems as though people have been impressed with the upper range of the MX-150 and that should come in handy when reaching up to the 80Hz crossover of my surrounds and center, although my mains, 1.6QRs go a bit deeper (50Hz or so).

My question is if anyone has any tips for blending this little guy into the system. I'm expecting to be blown away because my current subwoofer was a brick & mortar super sale special Infinity PS-10 that sounds a lot like my Fender Deluxe guitar amp when it is getting some seriously heinous feedback. Tips and tricks are welcome. Anyone feel that picking up a second would be a worthwhile purchase?

Thanks everyone for your help! By the way, I bought this over an Onix UFW-10 and an REL Strata III so if you think I'm a complete moron, be gentle.

-Steve

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Sonic Craft  

Topic - Got an M&K MX-150 THX for my Maggies... thoughts? - Skablaw 10:57:06 12/04/06 (1)

You can not post to an archived thread.