Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

Re: SS Vs.Tube Xover

Hi kman,

Should be very niice! :-))

Yes, yours sounds like a good XO setup. How have you setup the XM-26 ... 18dB on the bass and 12dB on the mids/ribbons?

And with the XM-9, you're currently running sub LP @ 50Hz, with a 24dB slope ... and running the bass panels full range? If your alternative with the XM-9 is to have 24dB HP @ 50 Hz for the bass panels, I'm not surprised running them full range sounds better. But I have a feeling (because I'm researching subs for my IIIAs right now! :-)) ) that rolling off the bass panels with a 12dB slope at about 70Hz would probably be a good thing.

There is another combo you could try with your XM-9 and XM-26. Given the XM-9 only supports symmetric slopes ... use it for the external bass/mid XO (ie. this changes the bass LP slope from 18dB to 12dB). The III had a 12dB bass LP slope and a friend of mine with IIIAs converted his to 12dB ... and it sounds pretty damn good! :-))

You should use bass LP 12dB @ 290Hz and mid/ribbon HP at 500Hz.

Then use the XM-26 for the sub/bass panel XO ... 24dB @ 50 or 60Hz for the sub LP and a 12dB slope for the bass HP @ 70 or 80Hz.

Just a suggestion! :-))

Regards,

andy

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Sonic Craft  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

You can not post to an archived thread.