Amp/Preamp Asylum: REVIEW: Bryston 2B LP Amplifier (SS) by Belgarchi
Looking for a new Amp or Preamp? If you're after tubes, post over here.
|For Sale Ads|
Model: 2B LP Category: Amplifier (SS) Suggested Retail Price: $? Description: 60 watt/channel dual mono power amplifier Manufacturer URL: Bryston Model Picture: View
Review by Belgarchi on March 29, 2010 at 17:12:02
IP Address: 184.108.40.206
Add Your Review
for the 2B LP
- I had the 2B-LP Pro version (with XLR input, headphone outputs).
- This power amp is not very stylish, but very well built. Dual-Mono architecture, with two toroidal transformers, 18,600 microFarads of capacitors (adequate for 2x60W), two pairs of transistors.
- It sounds like 2x90W instead of 2x60W. The sound is dynamic and powerful; the soundstage is ultra-large and deep. I am not sure it is not 'too much', but I love it. The balance is on the 'warm' side, but the upper bass are very well defined, not 'boomy'. Liquid medium, good highs but close to agressive. It would be a problem only with a few speakers, like some JM Lab for example.
- The service and 20-years warranty of Bryston are well known, but I must say it again: it is wonderful.
Product Weakness: Look; price went up too fast. Product Strengths: Built quality, 20 years warranty, soundstage, dynamic sound
Associated Equipment for this Review:
Amplifier: See review Preamplifier (or None if Integrated): Rotel RC-1090 Sources (CDP/Turntable): Classe CDP-10 Speakers: B&W, DIY Cables/Interconnects: M.C., Audioquest Music Used (Genre/Selections): Various Room Size (LxWxH): 30 x 20 x 15 Room Comments/Treatments: Neutral Time Period/Length of Audition: 2 years Other (Power Conditioner etc.): Monster Cable Type of Audition/Review: Product Owner
This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
Topic - REVIEW: Bryston 2B LP Amplifier (SS) - Belgarchi 17:12:02 03/29/10 ( 1)
- Keep it On - Jon L 11:13:55 03/30/10 ( 0)