Inmate Central, where civil and family-friendly discourse about off-audio topics (other than religion and politics) is welcome.
I've just completed recording and producing a CD for a very talented classical guitarist, and I'd like to gather opinions from y'all on the quality of the finished product.
I can post a small clip on Rapidshare or other download site. I'd like to post a full quality wav file if possible so you can get the full impact, but will be a 16bit 44.1K sample so it will be as it appears on the CD (originally recorded at 24bit, 48K).
For information, the guitar was recorded with two Oktava small diaphragm condensers, one aimed at the body of the guitar and one higher on the neck, avoiding the sound hole. The only effects applied were eq and reverb, no compression whatsoever.
My main concern is that I did a normalize on the pieces which may have harshened the sound somewhat.
What I'm looking for is for anyone who wants to audition it on your best system and give a brutally honest opinion: does it make you believe that there's a guitar player there playing for you?
Thanks in advance for any who might want to do this.
This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
Topic - Need some golden-eared guineapigs - ElbowGeek 14:40:25 05/16/06 (19)
- Might be the motivation I need to get the puter and HiFi connected nt - G Squared 08:41:14 05/17/06 (1)
- Actually it had occurred to me... - ElbowGeek 09:37:57 05/17/06 (0)
- Just started uploading to a file download site... - ElbowGeek 21:44:09 05/16/06 (0)
- Can you just sell and mail the CD? - free.ranger 20:35:07 05/16/06 (2)
- No problem! - ElbowGeek 20:41:08 05/16/06 (1)
- You've got spam. nt - free.ranger 21:00:58 05/16/06 (0)
- Hey EG did you know.............. - three_sox 17:42:43 05/16/06 (2)
- Sounds like a deal I can't afford to pass up! - ElbowGeek 18:16:06 05/16/06 (1)
- I would very much prefer you to leave your veil on thank you very much………… - three_sox 18:30:08 05/16/06 (0)
- I hear they're great deep fried! - Bruce Kendall 14:42:36 05/16/06 (9)
- I was planning on spit-roasting, but... - ElbowGeek 14:55:19 05/16/06 (8)
- I would prefer a stew; slow-cooked in a crock pot..... - J. S. Bach 15:04:59 05/16/06 (7)
- Great stuff :-) - ElbowGeek 15:13:39 05/16/06 (6)
- Simon Cowell of American Idol... - ElbowGeek 15:32:21 05/16/06 (4)
- I don't own a tv, so the reference was alien to me, thank you for clearing it up. )MT( - J. S. Bach 05:06:52 05/17/06 (0)
- Sign me up - driver 16:05:46 05/16/06 (2)
- HUH? )MT( - J. S. Bach 15:20:34 05/16/06 (0)
You can not post to an archived thread.