Inmate Central, where civil and family-friendly discourse about off-audio topics (other than religion and politics) is welcome.
In Reply to: Thanks, Todd. posted by subcoolman on May 15, 2006 at 04:48:54:
Not to worry, Mon....I let Josh drive back. He only gave me heart failure once; probably better than I was the first few times I drove.
Based on the above postings though, it's hard to see you going wrong with either a Stihl or a Husky. I guess the real question is whether or not you're going to use the thing enough to justify the extra cost - if it's going to get a good bit of use, I'd spring for one of the above. If it's only going to see occasional use for pruning or taking a limb off here and there, then the Craftsman is probably a better choice, since will do an acceptable job without costing near as much. Whatever you end up buying, a spare chain and bar is also a good idea. I don't know how much you're used a chainsaw, but using one that's even marginally dull is not only hard on the saw - the hazard goes up by an order of magnitude.
One last thing - I bought my saw online from Alamia. After my experience with them, I could not recommend them to anyone else. Actually, I wouldn't recommend buying a saw online at all. Yes, you'd save a little money, but there are some good dealers out there that really go the extra mile to take care of you when you buy a saw from them. Then again, you're enough of a gearhead that it's hard to imagine you taking it anywhere to get it worked on. Never mind.....as you were. ;-)
This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
Topic - Does anyone here receive Consumer Reports? - subcoolman 16:17:56 05/14/06 (23)
- Consumer Reports tested chainsaws in 2001. - Big Dave 18:41:26 05/14/06 (3)
- Bingo! Thanks, BD! - subcoolman 05:11:20 05/15/06 (1)
- Part of the answer could lie in the fact that - Bruce Kendall 07:44:52 05/15/06 (0)
- Thanks for vindicating me, Dave. - Bruce Kendall 19:28:27 05/14/06 (0)
- I am totally biased.... - millen 18:34:41 05/14/06 (1)
- They had Stihl chainsaws back in Magellan's day? - subcoolman 05:03:33 05/15/06 (0)
- My Homelite Super XL - kavakidd 18:15:46 05/14/06 (3)
- Homelite, huh? - subcoolman 04:58:32 05/15/06 (0)
- Hey Kava................. - three_sox 23:05:04 05/14/06 (1)
- Sounds like you may have the - kavakidd 10:49:40 05/15/06 (0)
- Not a consumer report but anecdotal evidence ………… - three_sox 17:34:15 05/14/06 (1)
- Re: "anecdotal evidence..." - subcoolman 04:57:04 05/15/06 (0)
- Go with the Husky... - bboroski 17:25:18 05/14/06 (1)
- Well, if I cut-off anything of real value (or worse yet, die).... - subcoolman 04:53:24 05/15/06 (0)
- I have a Husky - late 16:37:25 05/14/06 (1)
- Thanks for the advice. - subcoolman 04:51:31 05/15/06 (0)
- Know what I'd do? - Bruce Kendall 16:20:19 05/14/06 (6)
- That's what my Father has. - subcoolman 16:30:17 05/14/06 (5)Follow Ups
- Re: Thanks, Todd. - Todd A. 06:05:13 05/15/06 (0)
You can not post to an archived thread.