Inmate Central, where civil and family-friendly discourse about off-audio topics (other than religion and politics) is welcome.
In Reply to: Go North! posted by Muzikmike on August 1, 2012 at 14:33:41:
I haven't been to Scotland but have been as far north as Durham, which is just about there. What a dreary yet interesting place. On the other hand, the Lake District, which normally is overcast and hence a bit dreary, had some sun and was spectacular! I'll not forget that, nor the very nice dinner my dad and I had at Grasmere.
I tend to prefer the cuisine of the country I'm visiting rather than ethnic foods of other lands. One notable exception was what may have been the best Italian food I've ever tasted, while in Tokyo! The lasagne was complex, melt in your mouth, super flavorful, you name it. My God, that was good! Oh, I think I'll go console myself with a piece of that super super sharp cheddar!
I might have a hard time with haggis, but like you, if I didn't know what I was eating I'd probably like it!
BrianThis post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
Topic - for those of you visting London for the Olympics - rlindsa 06:11:46 07/27/12 (9)
- And in the same thoughts... - Muzikmike 14:46:34 08/01/12 (0)
- Lost or not, you'll end up in a pub. No worries. - free.ranger 20:09:53 07/27/12 (5)
- Pubs generally have the best food - Brian Walsh 20:29:54 07/27/12 (4)
- Makes me think, now what would Chaucer have responed.... - cjfrbw 15:35:08 07/27/12 (0)
- Hmmmm..... - JimK 13:52:22 07/27/12 (0)
- RE: Go North! - Brian Walsh 00:53:57 08/02/12 (0)