Inmate Central, where civil and family-friendly discourse about off-audio topics (other than religion and politics) is welcome.
The air conditioning must have stopped working last night, because as time went on it got warmer inside. I figured what the heck, it's around 100 degrees out today, so it's probably having trouble keeping up.
But then after seeing 83 on the thermostat I figured I'd better take a look. Water on the floor downstairs. Not good. Went outside to look at the condensing unit. Not running! Really not good!
(a half hour passes while writing this)
Well, the service guy showed up -- that was quick! Turned out to be the starter capacitor in the outdoor unit. Replaced and back in biz! Woohoo!
Brian WalshThis post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
Topic - Ugh! - Brian Walsh 14:29:32 07/05/12 (6)
- Happy ending! I hope you went with a capacitor upgrade. Better cooling. Maybe some Obbligatos? - Enophile 09:06:38 07/06/12 (1)
- Nah, used the off the shelf brand. No Black Gates in this puppy! (nt) - Brian Walsh 09:46:44 07/06/12 (0)
- RE: "Water on the floor downstairs. Not good." - JimK 05:25:47 07/06/12 (1)
- RE: "either the installer didn't do his job properly, or that your condensate drain is plugged" - Brian Walsh 07:20:27 07/06/12 (0)
- I actually feel guilty being in California with mild temps... - cjfrbw 22:53:54 07/05/12 (1)
- Extremes becoming the norm... - John_the_Scot 23:47:15 07/05/12 (0)