Inmate Central, where civil and family-friendly discourse about off-audio topics (other than religion and politics) is welcome.
Is it not for notice that we post anything on a board such as we have here? Is an answer based on previous knowledge and intuitive thought meant to be read by more than just the questioner? I post this as a sort of troll if the answer is yes to the previous queries. I believe, and it may seem quite presumptuous and overly sure of myself to state this, that the posters here are among the more intelligent, witty, and humorous of many of the good and gentle folks at the other asylum "rooms."
Notice that I did not say that we WERE the most intelligent...only that we are, in fact, a special collection of remarkable wits, and even of more interest, our gathering here was almost an overnight affair! I surely could have said we were the most intellectual of all if the extreme definition of troll is what I wished to achieve.
I write this as an exercise, not only for myself, but for the others who wish to conjecture and comment, for this is, as stated above (by those definitions) a troll. I must admit, and I think that if everyone is truthful they too will agree that we always desire to see discourse on anything we write in these hallowed halls of hearing horrors.
It is when we take the risk of baring ourselves that we determine who we would care to be friends with, although many miles separate us and we may never see those friends face to face, so that those "trolls" are but phrases placed within a crowd to identify like souls, people whose interests are much like our own. We are all interested in music, we are all interested in the presentation of recorded music, but we all are far more complex than those simple facts will allow. It is a given idea! How we identify those complexities, those differences is through our trolls.
Let me backtrack for a moment and state that the poster who states a concrete thought that is subtlety antagonistic or openly so is a true "troll." But, that person too is perhaps looking to separate the wheat from the chaff.
So I ask of all, am I correct to assume, as I have written above, that we are all trolling for someone to take our hooks, to reveal how they think and by that, identifying those who we wish to befriend. In some ways these ideas could be likened to a new kid in school, trying to identify those who will be his friends and those who will be his enemies.
Yes, I know there is no simple answer because we can learn from those who we identify as people we would definitely not like as friends, complicating the entire question. However, I know some very deep and great friendships have developed at the asylum and, as I write this I realize that although that has happened to me, the extreme opposite has not. I have wondered why some are so belligerant, why some rarely have anything nice to say...but, perhaps thankfully, I have not learned to hate anyone...and that may be the true wonder of this entire entity we call the asylum.
I call upon your conjecture and the words that might ensue.
This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
Topic - Tintillizing, titillating treatice on trolls... - Muzikmike 19:25:40 11/16/02 (47)
- Re: Tintillizing, titillating treatice on trolls... - Bruce from DC 13:37:33 11/18/02 (2)
- Kapow? Is your last name Wayne? - NapTime 15:36:56 11/18/02 (1)
- Re: Kapow? Is your last name Wayne? - Bruce from DC 16:41:22 11/18/02 (0)
- Re: Tintillizing, titillating treatice on trolls... - Timbo in Oz 16:10:05 11/17/02 (0)
- Hey, this topic has been discussed to death. - Grover 09:48:24 11/17/02 (3)
- No silly wabbit... we post becuase... - The Killer Piglet 09:53:55 11/17/02 (2)
- Is every post a troll? - Cetaele 09:43:32 11/17/02 (4)
- No, I think that we should define it and make it simple... - Sordidman 15:43:23 11/18/02 (2)
- What if they post a contentious statement, looking for a "fight"? - mike_decock 06:48:44 11/19/02 (0)
- Re: No, I think that we should define it and make it simple... - Cetaele 17:08:14 11/18/02 (0)
- ditto - A.J. 11:48:13 11/17/02 (0)
- Ya'll are REAL people. Like it or not. - Bagsgroove 22:39:26 11/16/02 (29)
- testetetttetstweuo - Bagsgroove 17:26:17 11/25/02 (1)
- kglkf;lkg;lkfdkdoipor - Bagsgroove 17:27:04 11/25/02 (0)
- What is real? - dennzio 05:36:25 11/17/02 (2)
- "bang each others heads against the wall" - The Killer Piglet 09:39:31 11/17/02 (1)
- Actually, yes. Wassamatta, yous got a problem widdat! [nt] - dennzio 13:05:02 11/17/02 (0)
- You wouldn't let it lie would ya? - email@example.com 03:24:32 11/17/02 (1)
- Re: You wouldn't let it lie would ya? - SETdude 08:41:57 11/17/02 (0)
- OK Mr. Bagsgroove.... - Mrs. Piggy 23:29:58 11/16/02 (4)
- Damn. Now I've lost all respect for you. - Bagsgroove 23:47:33 11/16/02 (3)
- Hey, man! I feel slighted. I must not have a sense of humor :( No, it's that I can't write...[nt] - Ted Smith 23:20:34 11/16/02 (16)
- Well, shoot. I knew I shouldn't have named people... - Bagsgroove 23:38:39 11/16/02 (15)
- "Ted Smith is, without question, one of the people who posts on this forum." - The Killer Piglet 23:50:49 11/16/02 (0)
- I've often been accused of being pregnant... - Ted Smith 23:43:21 11/16/02 (13)
- How can you trust a plump, bearded man? - Muzikmike 15:27:03 11/17/02 (1)
- All of my shirts are made by my ex-wife - Ted Smith 15:30:00 11/17/02 (0)
- Cool pictures! - Bagsgroove 00:10:32 11/17/02 (9)
- Re: Cool pictures! - Ted Smith 00:19:22 11/17/02 (8)
- Well, shoot! I grew up in Boulder! nt - Bagsgroove 00:22:18 11/17/02 (7)
- Hey, Bags, did I ever tell you about the 10 years I spent in Colorado? - Muzikmike 14:55:56 11/17/02 (0)
- Before we moved here we lived in Longmont for 13 years :) [nt] - Ted Smith 00:25:13 11/17/02 (5)
- Longmont, is that where Chris Redmond lives? [nt] - dennzio 13:09:42 11/17/02 (4)
- Nah...Chris is one of them foreign guys... - Bagsgroove 13:28:37 11/17/02 (1)
- Long...mont. Long...monty. [nt] - dennzio 17:50:32 11/17/02 (0)
- I don't know, but I live in Redmond [nt] - Ted Smith 13:11:41 11/17/02 (1)
- Jeez! I thought I was walking funny - put it down to piles though! [nt] - firstname.lastname@example.org 11:08:41 11/19/02 (0)
- Ted Smith, of the Megachanger People. - The Killer Piglet 23:51:44 11/16/02 (0)
- That's why I am against deletion of posts - The Killer Piglet 20:10:55 11/16/02 (0)
- Re: Tintillizing, titillating treatice on trolls... - Ted Smith 19:39:44 11/16/02 (2)
- Re: Top Level Posts - Grover 08:35:33 11/17/02 (1)
- Hmm, maybe that's why I haven't had a date since '75 - Ted Smith 08:39:21 11/17/02 (0)
You can not post to an archived thread.