Home Whiner's Woad

Whining, swan dives and other inappropiate topics get moved here.

LOL!

"It tells you people like comprehensive 'best of' lists."

Comprehensive??? ROTFLMAO!

Yea right as if the magazine has reviewed some significant percentage of any particular component.

It reviews a small sample and recommends some of those. Comprehensive? Not even close.

"Name some specific Recommended Components from the list that you find to be 'snake oil'."

Who is suggesting the components in the list are snake oil? I'm claiming it's the list itself is the snake oil.

"We're waiting... "

"For years idiots like you have been trying to cast aspersions on the equipment reviewing publications because they are supported by advertising so you can pay less than $1 an issue. "

"Another conspiracy theorist troll..."

More ROTFLMA off!

Obviously you didn't even read my post or attempt to understand my point.

"As JA will mention, there are many Recommended Components which have NEVER adverstised in the magazine."

If you know of any specific quid-pro-quos, please tell us about them.

Otherwise please go back into your cave....

Please I made no accusations whatsoever of impropriety on the part of any magazine.

Of course your knee jerk accusatory response is the normal one I hear from insiders when discussing our magazines as marketing vehicles for the audio sales and manufacturing industry. The fact is that it is funded by advertising - big deal. That is the value of the magazine, that's why it costs a dollar - NOT because it's funded directly by audiophiles.

That isn't my issue - nor is the review policy itself.

If I have an issue it's with the credibility they still maintain with the audio equipment buying community. I just don't understand it? It must be the audiophiles craving for snake oil - as was the point of my original post.

And BTW I don't read any audio magazine and haven't for more than a couple of years.

Give me rhythm or give me death!

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Sonic Craft  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.