Home Vintage Asylum

Classic gear from yesteryear; vintage audio standing the test of time.

Re: Fisher XP 9C

Morning..:)!

I run four xp-9C's in my system. Fisher speakers generally get dumped on for quality, but the XP's I've auditoined and owned have all been very good speakers. The original XP-9 was voiced to the 500C and 800C receivers using the 7591 output tubes. The 9C was voiced for solid state...particualarly the first of the "quadraphonic"
units. Howsomever, they work quite well with tube stuff. I'm currently running mine from a KX-200 amp. they still have that sumptuous tube sound but without so much HF roll-off particularly if you're inputting a cd deck. the xovers are OK but could benefit from recapping (I use solens). and to reduce the tendencey towards "boominess" on the bass, I lined each cabinet with 5/8" sheetrock. Of course they now are heavier than hell, but they sound just great...:)! The best part is they are usually available for pretty cheap which for me means I can tweak away to my hearts content without feeling guilty or without fear of destroying them....:) I've got a file on the xp-9 someplace...I'll search it out and send it to you if you'd like. Walt

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  McShane Design  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • Re: Fisher XP 9C - Tuubvac 07:40:25 08/15/04 (1)

You can not post to an archived thread.