Home Vintage Asylum

Classic gear from yesteryear; vintage audio standing the test of time.

nigel where do you live...

...I have several circuit ideas (and some tried and true) looking for chasis. This is THE major sticking point right now between my hobby and my girfriend. I unfortanately have no metal working experience, but I have developed several ideas for chasis.

Upgrades are a great way to get your feet wet, and a cheapo PAS mod would be a good reference for future activities. But really you will want to go to point to point wiring, better power supply, ect... I would recomend the RCA passive phono stage for this second step. Also I would suggest a full preamp (phono + line) and taking the power supply off board (seperate chasis). Spend some time on the power supply and overbuild it so you can play with lots of tubes. Also get a few B+ taps going, and pehaps a couple of channels. Then put the Foreplay circuit in the first chasis with your RCA phono circuit. I suspect this whole project would run in the $300 range, and would definitely sound nice.

I can certainly help you with the PAS phono stage, little money, good improvement tweaks.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  The Cable Cooker  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

You can not post to an archived thread.