Home Vintage Asylum

Classic gear from yesteryear; vintage audio standing the test of time.

Here we go again . . . Pioneer SX 850 Tech Problem

Hello-
I've posted this problem before . . . thought I had it fixed, but evidently not. The receiver works perfectly, but intermittently shuts down output to the speakers (ie. a rather loud pop is sent through the speakers concurrently with the protection circuit kicking out, you can then hear the circuit kick back in and the stereo starts playing again in one or two seconds). There is no power loss while this is happening--all the lights stay on. I thought I had the problem solved. There was a very bad/cracked solder on the protection circuit board that I fixed. This fixed the problem for about a month . . . then it started again--the exact same symptoms. I've replaced every transistor and capacitor on the protection circuit board with the exception of two transistors and two capacitors that my electronics store couldn't identify/didn't have in stock.
Questions:
Can the problem be isolated to the protection circuit board from the above information?
What am I missing?

PS: I've cleaned all the switches/pots

Thanks a bunch. I have a love/hate relationship with this thing right now!!!!!!!!!!

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Western Glow Tube Service  

Topic - Here we go again . . . Pioneer SX 850 Tech Problem - backtobethel 09:25:37 12/30/03 (13)

You can not post to an archived thread.