Home Vintage Asylum

Classic gear from yesteryear; vintage audio standing the test of time.

Re: advice for vintage preamp w/phono section.

the fisher is excellent , the scott`s a good as well they are so close you can start arguments, but also the dynaco has a good phono sect. also dont forget about purchasing a phono stage you don`t have to rely on a manufactures idea of what is good , get the preamp that sounds good to you then add your own unit, i have a vintage sure unit with premium tubes and enjoy it. also i do love using the phono sect. of my hafler 110 just in to the phono out through the tape monitor into the amp, there i can also use my tone controls , for lesser quality recordings, me myself ,i am still in the middle, of weither tubed phono sect. make an improvement, i use both and enjoy both maybe a little to the solid state side, but i most definetly enjoy tube rectification, and output i`m just not certain the phono sect., is critical to the sound of the records ., but above all don`t limit yourself to tube when it comes to the phono,..... just my humble opinion........zman

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Amplified Parts  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • Re: advice for vintage preamp w/phono section. - zman 14:20:19 12/28/03 (0)

You can not post to an archived thread.