Home Vintage Asylum

Classic gear from yesteryear; vintage audio standing the test of time.

Russ, what a great idea...

It got me thinking (usually a bad thing). But here goes. There's probably a dozen people reading this who have the schematic for the Marantz 7 in their minds. The guy who modded my CD player did, but I can't find him anymore because he's wanted by the police. Anyway, why doesn't someone post a schematic for the 7's line-stage only? It's been copied many times by other manufacturers. A person could build that line-stage for under $100 or have it built by a knowledgeable friend cheaply. Then compare it directly to the old Marantz 7 playing CDs - same speakers, same power amp, same everything. If the new one sounds better, then the old one is sounding worse. If the old one sounds better, then good. Problem solved. Plus, you could probably put a brand new line-stage based on a Marantz 7 on eBay and sell it for more than you had in it. Or you could keep it and sell the old 7 for big bucks. Seems like a win-win to me.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Parts Connexion  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • Russ, what a great idea... - teddijackeddie 11:20:02 12/26/03 (0)

You can not post to an archived thread.