Home Vintage Asylum

Classic gear from yesteryear; vintage audio standing the test of time.

Fisher KX-100 Restoration Questions

I'm embarking on a new project.. restoring, if possible, a Fisher KX-100. It was in rough shape on e-bay, but was even rougher after shipping mishaps. For one, the unit was shipped with little protection and the metal case was damaged, and somehow the front panel became lose enough in shipping that it broke off the front of all the plastic slide swithces. Please - if you plan to ship heavey integrated amps, do more than just wrap them in bubble wrap and toss in a box!
Now on to the restoration... I need replacement knobs or brass caps. I sent an email to the "Fisher Doctor" but I guess his nurse has been out. It's over 3 weeks and no reply. So, anyone know of a source?
Second question - anyone happen to have a schematic for one of these amps?
Third question - I'm wanting to test the 7868 output tubes on my Heathkit IT-3117 tester, but can't find the tube on the chart. Anyone have the settings for this? I'm assuming they would be about the same as a 6L6, which is on the chart.
Thanks for any help on the project!!
Steve

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Michael Percy Audio  

Topic - Fisher KX-100 Restoration Questions - SteveBrown 09:26:27 12/26/03 (2)

You can not post to an archived thread.