Home Vintage Asylum

Classic gear from yesteryear; vintage audio standing the test of time.

Re: VINTAGE STUPID - why not new

Agreed. It seems like all the sane people hang out in the vintage asylum. I have a PAT-4 in a garage system and it sounds fine. I think to most reviewers, amps and preamps either sound like they look or like someone else told them it would sound. One or two golden ears said they didn't like the PAT 4 and the rest of the audio lemmings suddenly heard problems that weren't there when they first auditioned it. Go figure. I have been telling people that the fancy cables are nothing but overpriced filters for years but for the most part no one is listening. The reality is the most audiophiles and audio reviewers don't understand enough to know what is real and what is b/s and stand ready to believe in the wonderfullness of everything from $20K phono stages to cone shaped solid metal vibration isolation to all sorts of magic aborbers and enhancers. Oh well its their money. I choose to spend mine on things that might actually have a snowballs chance of improving the sound.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  McShane Design  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

You can not post to an archived thread.