Home Vintage Asylum

Classic gear from yesteryear; vintage audio standing the test of time.

Re: ST-70/PAS

Charles,
I also have a 299. The one with the 7189A outputs in a row from front to back rather than left to right. Not sure which one that is but it does sound a lot smoother than the Dyna stuff. Not sure I'd call it laid back though since everything comes thru just fine. It just sounds more refined sounding to me.
Like I said in my earlier post, I really enjoyed the Dyna Stereo 70/PAS3X with my big old Bozaks but not with my big Altecs or EV's. The Stereo 70 in particular. It just sounds loud all the time like it lacks the capability of pianissimo. Maybe "aggressive" is the word? Can't say that I really like my Dyna Mark 3's either. They will be going bye bye too. The little Dyna SC35 integrated I had was wonderful sounding! I don't think I'd say that I'm into mellow sounding equipment. My "good" system is a Mac C-22, 225 and I added EV T350 tweeters to my Altec Flamencos. Source is Thorens TD124 MK2/SME3009 with AT OC9ML cartridge. What I call mellow is when I switch to the TD124 MK2/3012 with an Ortofon SPU or to a pair of MC-30 amps. Just personal taste I suppose. Like I can't figure out how anyone can listen to a Fisher 500C and like it. Yet I enjoy my Fisher 400. Seems that in general I prefer the sound of lower power amps with very efficient speakers.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Parts Connexion  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • Re: ST-70/PAS - DaveV 18:52:22 12/25/03 (1)

You can not post to an archived thread.