Home Vintage Asylum

Classic gear from yesteryear; vintage audio standing the test of time.

Re: VINTAGE STUPID - why not new

I think so, that's the beauty of vintage equipment, elegant and easier to work with. When working with the equipment, I always had a dream that whoever built this might have passed away and I was in continuation with his work or spirit.

Sometimes, I cannot put up with those hard to source can type electrolytic especially the Dynaco III, just acting like a bomb.
Besides, I didn't spend more than one grand for each piece of equipment. My quad II, dyanco III, Mcintosh 240 fell into such category whilst my Fisher 80C was only $400 per pair.

Though not mandatory, it would be an advantage to know some simple repair when indulging in vintage equipment, problems arise from time to time, unless the electronics have been fully restored.

With advance in technology in cartridge, the phono section(MM) of vintage pre-amp has been outdated. A modern phono amp for low output mc cartridge would be required and it's an obvious course of action.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Atma-Sphere Music Systems, Inc.  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • Re: VINTAGE STUPID - why not new - koo 18:02:57 12/25/03 (0)

You can not post to an archived thread.