Home Vintage Asylum

Classic gear from yesteryear; vintage audio standing the test of time.

ST-70/PAS

I had decided to EBay my ST-70 and PAS, because they have been in storage for years, and I could use the several hundred bucks. The amp has the cloth-lead iron. Both units had minor upgrades,for the sake of sonics, and reliability, seven or eight years ago. Had to test 1st. Disconnected the trusty old Scott LK-72B, hooked these up to the Pioneers, and used the Dual, as a source. The Scott IS good, but THESE RATTY OLD, CHEAPLY-MADE DYNAS, ARE IN A DIFFERENT LEAGUE. They sound amazing. Even better than the Fisher X-202-B, which is in my primary system. Funny thing about these Dynas, though- they still give me a headache; which is the reason that they were in storage.
Why, oh why, does this component-pair, create the need, to go for an aspirin????????????The Fisher does not. The Scott does not. My Pioneer and Sansui receivers do not. Guess that I will have to part with them, although they say that, "an aspirin a day..............."

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Amplified Parts  

Topic - ST-70/PAS - NoTransistors 16:41:15 12/24/03 (19)

You can not post to an archived thread.