Home Vintage Asylum

Classic gear from yesteryear; vintage audio standing the test of time.

Re: Looking for something new...trade anyone?

You know the AU-7700is a great little integrated amp. And once you let it go - it's good buy forever. Receivers have there place but integrated amps do have the sonic edge. I don't want to trade but would recommend the following. If it's in good condition find the general selling price on Audiogon.com and stick to it. Once you sell it look around for a new toy.

You know If I where you I would consider a Marantz 18, 2230, 1060, 2226b, 2270 in that order. The HK are great but I don't know anything about them. Also consider the Onkyo's, like the TX-6500 or 5500. ALL are great receivers, and of course there are plenty more.

Also try to buy ones in Excellent cosmetic condition because you maybe keeping it longer than you think.

Just a question why do you want to get rid of the Sansui. I have the AU-7900 and love it. But I do feel it does color the music quite a bit and makes it a little too much on the punchy side. That is why I have the Marantz 1200 to switch on and off with. The 1200 is just as dynamic but I call it my Velvet fog. SSSMMMMOOOOOTTTTHHH but all the umf is there.

charles

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Amplified Parts  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

You can not post to an archived thread.