Home Vintage Asylum

Classic gear from yesteryear; vintage audio standing the test of time.

Re: Advent clarification question

You're right I made an error when I said The Advent speaker. I should have said The Advent Loudspeaker. I was using the original product brochure as my reference but I made a typing error. However I think the confusion with "which Advent do I have?" would not be clarified with the use of the "AL" term any more than it is when someone says "Large Advent" or "LA" for that matter. It just becomes a question then of "which Large Advent or Advent Loudspeaker do I have?". The term "Original Large Advent" does designate a particular speaker as does "Small(or smaller) Advents". The second generation Large Advents and the model 5012's and 5002's is where the problem comes in. what do you call them? The post below from the classic speaker forum trying to clarify the history of the Advents is as good a history lesson as you could find explaining the models and the release dates ! It sounds like the guy that posted it had some pretty reliable info. someone needs to archive this info on this forum or enter it into the FAQ'S so this confusion can end or at least have a quick reference! Best Franksta

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Sonic Craft  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • Re: Advent clarification question - Franksta 11:00:45 12/23/03 (0)

You can not post to an archived thread.