Home Vintage Asylum

Classic gear from yesteryear; vintage audio standing the test of time.

MC Phono Stages

I wonder if I could get an opinion from some of the experts out there on a best phono stage for my vintage system. The speakers are Klipsch Kornerhorns with the Al K. crossover upgrades. Amps are a pair of MC 225's running in mono (eventually to be replaced by pair of Marantz model 9's after they have been reconditioned) and the pre-amp is MAC c-22 (soon to be replaced by Marantz 7c when reconditioned). I sometimes use the CD input and sometimes still (not often anymore)use the Marantz 10b tuner, so don't want a pure vinyl setup. The phono will be VPI TNT JR. which I am now setting up to replace the Linn LP12. The question is this...should I be considering an upgrade to the Creek Audio phono stage I am now running, or, considering the (vintage) restrictions of the rest of the system, would some of the new phono stages (Manley Steelhead and others) be overkill in this case, with any potential advantage cancelled by passing through the vintage amps/preamp.
I find this to be a wonderfully helpful group of enthusiasts so I thank you in advance for your advise.
James

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Signature Sound   [ Signature Sound Lounge ]

Topic - MC Phono Stages - JWPATE 20:16:16 12/22/03 (14)

You can not post to an archived thread.