Home Vintage Asylum

Classic gear from yesteryear; vintage audio standing the test of time.

Re: best all around receiver? (kinda long and rambling)

Well Tim, as everyone here probablly knows by now I am a Yamaha fan. the best word I have found to describe the CR-n20 series is Transparent - what ever you put in comes out unaltered. I am currently using a CR-820 to drive a pair of Polk Monitors and they seem to like each other. They go for less than they are worth on eBay because everyone there seems to have been brain-washed by Marantz - I have restored both and kept the Yamahas and auctioned the Marantz.

As to CD players, due to lack of space, and because the Mitsu was beginning to act up, I wanted a combo DVD/CD. Research seemed to point at Sony until I found that the unit I was looking at was a re-badged Samsung so I bought the Samsung. Unless my ears are failing with age (I'll admit that I never hear the horizontal on the TV on damp days) it sounds, or rather it does not sound, it just passes the CD content through untouched. Like a previous inmate I also put my vinyl collection onto CD, just no room for the Rega in the cabinet.

Rob

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Kimber Kable  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • Re: best all around receiver? (kinda long and rambling) - merrylander 09:43:27 05/21/03 (0)

You can not post to an archived thread.