Home Vintage Asylum

Classic gear from yesteryear; vintage audio standing the test of time.

RE: scott 340b (early) tuner fail

Hi Fredtr: Thank you for ideas. Nothing is getting hot or smoking or smelling bad. The various resistors 307-311 in that path all measure fine and sends the B+ right through provided there is no load. If I lift off 4, 5, 6 the red orange and blue loads to the radio section, the available voltage is over 200. Adding any one of the loads, let alone all three, it will drop to under 50V. I do not leave it on very long when it is doing this. THe DC resistance on each of these tuner load wires is around 30K and that is with filter caps (all brand new) not connected. That seems low to me. The total watts draw from AC is right at 100W pretty much regardless of whether tuner is working or not. And did I mention: this fault condition of sapped B+ will occur with all tuner tubes out of sockets. The person who gave me this stated: "I could never get the tuner to work." So past history on how this developed is unknown.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Signature Sound   [ Signature Sound Lounge ]

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: scott 340b (early) tuner fail - thermionic emitter 11:23:29 02/02/17 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.